Friday, May 21, 2010

The Power of Dad

I was amazed to find out little David was adopted! I couldn’t believe it, but my mother assured me it was true. I was four years older than David and the fact he was adopted did not trouble me, it intrigued me. Why you might ask? Well, it was because David walked like his dad. He even talked like his dad, and many times you could witness his dad in miniature through him. This, my friends is an example of influence. This is the powerful influence that I call, “The Power of Dad.”
Little eyes mimic, follow, and example our every move when they are young. Dads, it is crucial to recognize and become aware of the powerful influence you are. Whether it is good or bad, you are a model for those who are around you. How you conduct yourself, your behavior, your speech and the decisions you make will impact the entire family. You have the ability to positively impact your family creating a lasting legacy of blessings. The Book of Proverbs says, “The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him” (Proverbs 20:7 NKJV).